Sunday, November 21, 2010

Smaller picture size for my website?

I am trying to upload a gallery to my website of my recent photography for my customers; however, I am unable to figure out how to make the pictures smaller because they only load in their original format. Is there any html code I can use to make them smaller, or some sort of html code to make some sort of slideshow that the viewer can change the pace and view of the photos? Thanks!Smaller picture size for my website?
Microsoft's Power Toys (link below) has a HTML Slide Show Wizard that'll resize the pictures for you.



You could also just resize your images and save as the same image name with _sm at the end (e.g. img1111.jpg becomes img1111_sm.jpg).



You can force a resize in HTML by adding height and width properties to the image tag. You can even do this in percentages: height=50% width=50%. Unfortunately, the huge original image still has to be loaded as the resizing will happen on the client side.Smaller picture size for my website?
You just have to use your photo program to resize the images for your site ... I use 600 x 400 images at 72 DPI. My hosting site automatically resizes them if necessary.



Using Bridge (comes with Photoshop CS2 and CS3) you can resize all the images you want to post in a batch, renaming them as a new file name so you don't overwrite your original files. I simply put a small ';i'; in front of the original file name.
The best advice I can give you with your photos on the internet is to resize them smaller in Photoshop or another photo software.



You see everyone views images at 72 dpi on a computer screen. So, even if you have them at 100 dpi or 125 dpi, you cannot see a difference on the screen. However, You will need those photos at a 300 dpi when you go to print them and blow them up to a larger size. And if you place the images on the web at 300 dpi #1 they are a very large size and #2 people can easily steal them and go and print them without your knowledge.



Thanks for reading!
Like fhotoace said.



And almost any image management pgm. has an option to ';save for web.'; Use that and your files are automatically reduced to 72 dpi. t\Then you scale them down further if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment