Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Digital Camera or SD card?

Hello,

I have a weird problem with my digital camera and cant seem to find a solution online. Ill tell the history of the cam before the problem to give a better idea of the situation. About a year ago my nephew wanted to try out my FujiFilm A805 digital cam, I didnt think to big a deal of it but he wound up dropping it right on the lens and broke it, the lens was tilted and wouldnt move in or out and you could hear pieces rattling around. A few days ago a friend of mine says he has a FujiFilm A800 but the LCD screen is broken. After some online reading I find out both cameras are identical in every way except the A805 is the bundle pack where as the A800 is the stand alone camera. So after talking to him I got the cam off him and decided to put my LCD screen on his camera.. this worked out great, everything worked. I put in my SD card and noticed that with it set on 2mb picture that I only had 195pics on a 1 gig card? Ok.. maybe its the difference between the 2 cams or something. So snapped a few pics and got down to 180 pics.. then erased them.. it still showed 180 after erasing 15 pics. I decided to run it out to 0 pics to just see what would happen, it said I was full even after erasing ALL the pics it wouldnt let me take any. I opened the cam again and noticed a small burn mark on his board, No biggy Ill just swap boards as well so the only thing that id technically be using on his is the lens and front case now. I get it all back together and now Im showing 980pics available but still taking a pic and erasing doesnt show the space come back. If I remove the SD card, the cameras internal memory functions perfectly, space comes back after deleting something. Also.. when I go to change picture size format there is no difference in how many pictures relate to the size.. by that I mean, 8mb, 4mb, 2mb ect all show the same exact number for how many pics can be taken and I know for a fact that is wrong. So my question is.. can an SD card go bad in this manner? Like it lets you take pics but dont give the space back after deleting.

I can still pull pics from the card onto the pc but the space is never recovered. Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank youDigital Camera or SD card?
You seem to have done a great job of repairing your camera. Hope the following will solve your remaining problems.



CAUTION To prevent camera damage, use a wrist strap and camera bag. Carry and dispose of batteries in baggies, blister packs, or other containers to protect ends from short circuit. Batteries explode when short circuited. NiMH batteries are environmentally friendly and may be discarded with trash.



The SD card should always be formatted in the camera that is being used. Also, it is never a good idea to delete photos as this can cause memory card corruption. You should download all the pictures and format the SD card.



Formatting a memory card starts a new File Allocation Table. Pictures are not removed from memory cards with delete or format. When old pictures are replaced with new pictures then the old pictures are really gone.



CAUTION To prevent memory card corruption, keep batteries charged and don't delete. Wait for lights to stop flashing then turn camera off before removing memory. For card readers, double click Safely Remove Hardware. Select then click Stop and OK.



Digital cameras reset to original settings if batteries are removed for one minute. Time varies with function/camera. Remove extra memory to eliminate this as a possible problem. Check display/setup menu for non-auto functions and date/time. Insert fully charged/cleaned batteries and restart camera. The ultimate non-physical repair for software-using devices is reset by removing power ... VCR/DVD players one month.



Click this link for other camera tips and complete instructions on cleaning camera and battery electrical contacts.

http://www.google.com/base/a/4210404/D13鈥?/a>Digital Camera or SD card?
Try another memory card!

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment