Friday, November 19, 2010

In MS Frontpage, why do the cells in my table randomly change size when inserting an image?

Hello. I have made a brand new layout in photoshop 7.0, and am currently attempting to use the sliced graphics in my frontpage design. I need to use frontpage because that is the software that my client is familiar with. I am in charge of the design, and he takes it from there.



Anyways, when I make a table in MS Frontpage, and then insert an image into a cell, it distorts the cell pixel dimensions. My cells are set to lock at a 50px by 50px dimension, and my header image is 500x100. Therefore, I assumed that I would merge the first 10 cells in the first two rows, making one large 500x100 cell. That worked fine.



When I inserted my image, however, the cell completely through out everything I had just done, and nearly doubled in sixe for no apparent reason. Why is this and how do I fix it?



I tried using the picture toolbar to freely position the image myself, but when I preview the site in IE, it looks completely wrong, so that won't work.



THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!In MS Frontpage, why do the cells in my table randomly change size when inserting an image?
Without seeing your code, I can't be specific.



That said, most likely you have applied a style or formatting to the cell in which spanning the cells is not changing the padding or spacing of the cells, or the margin is not properly set.



Also, given FrontPage's proclivity for assassinating HTML, it's possible it is adding attributes to your cells or table that are blowing everything up.



My advice would be to go ahead and design the site in an editor you like. Then, open your finished product in FrontPage, save the page one more time, and open it to make sure everything works fine.



If it does, great. If not, you might want to try to pursuade your client to switch to Expression, which is Microsoft's new Web editor and a far superior product to FrontPage. which is simply awful in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment