Sunday, November 21, 2010

How can I change the file size of a jpeg foto without changing the actual size of that photo using iPhoto?

For example: My photo is 3.6 MB big, but I need it to be 156 KB big, how do I do that without cutting a piece of the picture out, as you have to do that with iPhoto.How can I change the file size of a jpeg foto without changing the actual size of that photo using iPhoto?
i surely do not know how iPhoto works but you can do that with ACDSee by converting the photo...or you can send me the phot and i`ll change it...it`s free u know? :D:PHow can I change the file size of a jpeg foto without changing the actual size of that photo using iPhoto?
i use acdsee i just resize to 99.99 % and it becomes about 4 times of smaller size but same resolution and quality
freedownloadscenter.com . good luck...from a macbook pro user.
start %26gt; All programs %26gt; Accessories %26gt; Paint



Open them in windows paint program. Click on image %26gt;stretch skew ( give a number smaller, say 10, 10 in the box front of stretch, Horizontal and vertical) press OK. Then save it as jpeg file with another name so that your original file remains intact. Check the final size of the image after saving. Repeat the procedure with the original image if you want it still smaller or bigger, by reducing or by increasing the stretch value.
download the picture resizer from windows powertoys
iPhoto and image resizing

July 16, 2004

I’m not quite sure when it happened (sometime ≥ v4.0), but iPhoto has finally fixed the non-anti-aliasing of exported photos. This makes my life a tad bit easier. The following steps are those that I used to take to get photos up on this site:



Create a temp folder in iPhoto.

Copy to this folder all of the pictures from the latest trip/event/whatever that I want to put up on the site.

Go to the temp folder and remove all of the photos that I know I’m not going to use on the site.

Sort the remaining photos in the order that I want.

Tag these photos with the “web” keyword (more about this here) for future reference.

Export them from iPhoto with no resizing and where the filenames are based on the album name. This will export the images with numbers that correlate to the order that you have them laid out in iPhoto (e.g., temp-01.jpg, temp-02.jpg, etc).

Use QuickName (or whatever you like) to remove “temp-” from the front of the filenames. I’ve found no way to get iPhoto to use only sequential numbers in the filenames (i.e., without a title preceding the number).

Use Photoshop to batch-resize the pictures to the size that I want for the website (currently 500×375).

Create a new folder on my webserver for the pics and drop them in there along with my Slideshow script.

Think about a faster, more efficient way to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment