Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I send attachments (pictures) or change the setting, so they send in a ';normal'; size??

When I have been sending pictures to family and friends, they have all been complaining to me that when they receive them, the pictures are way too big to fit on the screen and they have to scroll around to even see the whole picture. I heard that there was some sort of setting that I could change, so when I send them, they will be received in a ';normal'; size. I send them as attachments. If someone out there could help me, I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!How do I send attachments (pictures) or change the setting, so they send in a ';normal'; size??
Yes, digital cameras take HUGE pics, and when you load them to your computer, they are still ginormous. If you don't have a photo-editing software, you will need some kind of program to change the size.



The best way I have found is to open up Microsoft Power Point, click insert picture from file, locate the photo on my computer, and insert it onto a powerpoint page. Then just make it about two by three inches. Or somewhere between 300 and 600 pixels. Then you need to save it to your computer in that size. I made a special file labeled ';Share-Sized Photos';, so I know those will send in email attachments easily.



If you don't have the PowerPoint program on your computer, I'm not sure....you might have to purchase a photo-editing program and install it on your computer. You can find these at Best Buy, Staples, most any office supply store. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment