Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I resize a picture?

I need to make sure a picture that I have saved is 900x850. I use to have a program that I could change the size of a picture and save it, but that was a long time ago and I have no idea how to do it now. I'll take all of the help I can get get.How do I resize a picture?
there is a free and simple program i use to cut down images for my phone/ipod its called irfanview http://www.irfanview.com/



It allows you to crop or resize the image amongst other things, very good simple program!How do I resize a picture?
Faststone Image resizer will do the job. I haven't used it but I am sure you could figure it out.
You have to have a photo software program. You actually can do it in Paint, if you don't have anything else. Picture it express will work as well as printshop. It does not have to be an expensive program.
You can resize with the Gimp, it is equal photoshop.

Download:

http://www.gimp.org/windows/



tutorial:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/08/13/how鈥?/a>
download ifranview.

open the picture.

click image at the top.

click resize/resample.

that is the best program to resize and crop pictures.
Rather then downloading something, open the picture up in Paint.

Then go up to Image and click Resize Image. Change the length and with to the same number's or the picture will get out of proportion.

The default number there is 100, so every time you go to resize it, 100 will still be there, don't compensate, just change the size, but maybe 50 each time. If you need yo resize it only a little, go by 20's either way.

But definitely don't download extra software just to resize a picture, that would be a waste of time and disk space.
There are quite a few freeware programs that will do that. Go to SnapFiles.com, click on the freeware and under the Graphics and Photo category check out Image Resizers. As another answer said, Faststone is very good and it is easy to use.
I use Microsoft Powertoys resizer. It's free and it incorporates right into your file options. Just right click the image, select resize, and choose what size you want to make the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment