Sunday, December 11, 2011

I am new to using Photoshop. I want to learn how to reduce picture for listing to eBay. Simplest way please !

Took picture at 1 meg. It still is too large for eBay because it takes almost 5 minutes to list. That is too long for me. and buyers will not wait to see picture. How can I reduce it in a simple way. Photoshop is somewhat too big for me after using scankisk to list. Reason I went to camera because I have option to take picture anywhere as to being connected to the PC with the cord of Scandisk. I need a simple explanation using Photoshop 3.0 I am not that experienced with computer terms. If someone would just type out the steps it would help. Do you change the size before it is sent to the file ? Thanks.I am new to using Photoshop. I want to learn how to reduce picture for listing to eBay. Simplest way please !
In Photoshop, open the image.

Go to the ';Image'; menu, choose ';Image Size';.

In the dialog box, at the top, set the width of the image you want to have in pixels (for e-bay, usually 600-800 pixels wide is PLENTY). If you leave the defaults all checked, Photoshop will automatically set the height for you. Then click on OK, and the image is re-sized.

Then go to ';File'; menu, and ';Save As'; -- save the resized image with a different file name from the original so you still have the original full-sized image in case you need it later. Then upload your resized image. That's it.I am new to using Photoshop. I want to learn how to reduce picture for listing to eBay. Simplest way please !
Use a free site www.photobucket.com - you can resize and also place the pictures in your description using an html link - just copy the img text to your description.
Resize it
welltraveled gave you a correct and complete answer.



But- there's another way as well. You can use the ';save for web'; command in Photoshop Elements. This will automatically save it as a small file. It's simpler, but the difference is that this method strips off the EXIF information. So- if you wanted to retain the image parameters (date, exposure info, camera type, etc) then use Welltraveled method.
eBay is the largest online marketplace and one of the most popular ways to earn an income from home with a PC and internet connection. Selling on eBay is inexpensive and easy to start. Ebay has a number of tools for sellers to maximise sales. These are eBay Pulse, Hot items report, merchandising calendar. By sourcing products at a low price, you can increase your profit. Check out http://tinyurl.com/rygsh for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment