Sunday, December 11, 2011

How can I decrease the file size of a digital camera picture downloaded to my computer?

Most of the pics I take are 2.1 to 2.5 mb files I need to shrink them down while keeping them as a .jpeg or changing to a .gif. Any advice will help please.How can I decrease the file size of a digital camera picture downloaded to my computer?
You can do this very easily, and I think (not positive) even in batches with Picasa2, free from Google/ This is a great program for organizing and sharing photos.



http://picasa.google.com/index.htmlHow can I decrease the file size of a digital camera picture downloaded to my computer?
Try free tools Pixresizer or Irfanview

http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/PIXresi鈥?/a>

http://www.irfanview.com/



or do it online with Snipshot

http://snipshot.com/
use any picture viewer program - you might have one already on your computer or even PAINT. You can just ';resize'; the pictures. I normally resize to about 30% or 40% of the original size and it's perfect for viewing and lower memory. If you don't have any picture viewer program, you can always download one for free from www.download.com - it has tons of free programs sharewares for almost anything.
ACD SEE does the job exellent.

The quality doesnt change but size incridibly will be Decreased.
What Sarka... says is true, most software programs have an edit viewer of some type. The problem I'm having is with the enlargement protocol of the viewer. It states that the photo stays the same size, while the enlarged section is filled in with a plain background-color. Well, THat I understand because that's ';exactly'; what it does. What I don't understand is..... why?!?





Anyway, I prefer online editors for just about everything I do. They are versatile, and can be accessed from any puter... anywhere. The .jpeg(.jpg) format works best when storing photos online, the compressed files save space, load faster, all without any significant loss in the quality of the image's pi(x)cture.



Tlr

No comments:

Post a Comment