Sunday, December 11, 2011

Changing the pixel size of pictures stored on computer?

I need to know how to change the pixel size of pictures that have been transferred over to my computer, I copied them to a disc and tried to print them at Wal-Mart photo kiosk but received a message that the resolution was poor and due to pixel size, I was trying to print 8X10, the only compatible size to print for the pixels is a 4x6 and requirements are an 8X10, I did print one just to see what it looked like but it came out kind of grainy, obviously because of the resolution. This is a 4-H fair entry project. I don't know if this is a camera problem a computer problem or that I downloaded the picasa 3 software and edited. I did check the camera menu and it is set on 7.1 mega pixels.



We did make some edits with picasa 3 software, and my camera is a kodak easyshare model Z710, 7.1 mega pixel, 10X optical zoom.



Please help us,so we can print these for the fair, which is Thursday. One possibility is that several of the pictures are still on my memory card, but I live in the country so won't be going back to town until tomorrow to even see if that works.Changing the pixel size of pictures stored on computer?
Three possibilities:



1. you might have been shooting at a lower resolution and/or file size than the maximum the camera is capable of,



2. You might have cropped out such a small segment of the original image hat there's simply not enough information to produce a decent print size, or



3. You may have inadvertently saved the file in some reduced file size that's specified for web use.



I doubt that there's a problem with either your camera or your computer.



Good luck.Changing the pixel size of pictures stored on computer?
A 7.1 megapixel image will be high enough to produce a 8 x 10 printed image, if it actually is 7.1MP by the time you print it. The most probable explanation is that it got downsized when you edited the photo in picasa, make sure you put it through again and when you save it make sure it is set to full quality settings. If you happened to crop the photo though, then it would reduce the pixel size and there's not much you can do. So you can either use the original image (straight from the camera) or try editing it again in picasa and saving it at full size in picasa. Good luck to you, hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment